Blackpool Sands beach near Stoke Fleming and Dartmouth is one of the most beautiful beaches in the South Hams. Privately managed and sheltered in a bay surrounded by evergreens and pines with absolute perfect turquoise blue sea. It feels positively Mediterranean, even down to the sunbathing raft moored in the bay during July and August!
The shingle is too fine to make sand castles but delicious to walk on and pick up interesting shells and other beach treasures with the children. There are sand pits provided for the little ones, these, like the beach, are cleaned daily.
The more active might enjoy to windsurf or try SUP (Stand Up Paddle boarding) from the beach, there are no motor boats so it is always tranquil.
- Parking - Ample (can get very busy in the summer, so get there early)
- Accessibility - No problem
- Facilities - Toilets, Refreshments and Watersports Activities
- Dogs - Not between 1st March - 4th November
- Life Guard - Seasonal
Sunbathing and swimming.
Look out for
Not much, just relax and enjoy, it does get busy.
It's a fact !
There's a nudist beach just around the corner !
* The information contained on this page is correct to the best of our knowledge, however, if you notice anything that you know to be incorrect or misleading, please contact us.