Alex P Gath Ltd, an architectural practice, design projects from design to completion.
A quarter of a century of architecture
Having entered the architectural profession in 1984, Alex P Gath established his own studio in 1999. The practice is CAD based with a collaborative approach to architecture and ensures that a local flavour is brought to all commissions and projects, from design to completion.
Collaboration allows the practice to remain agile, design led, responsive, efficient and thoroughly competitive, whilst punching well above it's weight and continuing to build on it's core values of flair, creativity and tenacity.
To discuss your project in more details, send a message.
Alex P Gath provides specific, economical and efficient design related services and is often required to be the lead consultant forming a multi-faceted team of specialists in their respective disciplines to assist the client with their project objectives.
This flexible and agile approach ensures that the client benefits from the vast range of skills, experience and expertise available locally appropriate and specific to their individual requirements and tailored proportionately to the nature of the project, without unnecessary overheads or VAT.
Why not view our portfolio.
To maintain the close working relationship with Local Authorities in the region to ensure the continued provision of a consistently high standard of information submitted as part of submissions for any consent.
To improve the awareness, understanding and appreciation of rural buildings for clients and those undertaking the work to ensure that design solutions are appropriate for the building, it's context and setting.
Above all, to provide a service with intregity on an affordable level that clients are comfortable with, including recommendation of the need for specialist expertise when and where necessary.
Computer Aided Design CAD
The practice utilises the latest Graphite Version 7 software by Vellum to generate crisp, professional detailed drawings in a style appropriate for sensitive and sympathetic design.
Drawings and details can be exported to other industry standard formats such as DXF or Autocad DWG amongst others and are printed on A1, A2, A3 or A4 white paper for formal issue.
Ordnance Survey maps for 1:1250 location plans or larger scale extracts are available under license using Promap software by Prodat Systems plc.The practice also uses Windows wordprocessing and spreadsheet software and other applications where necessary.
Services offered by Alex P Gath Ltd
- 'One off' consultations / assessment of client proposals.
- Feasibility, Masterplanning and Pre-Application proposals
- Measured survey preparation.
- Preparation and submission of drawings for Planning and Listed Building applications.
- Discharge of Planning Conditions - NB failure to discharge planning conditions can invalidate the entire permission.
- Preparation and submission of drawings for Building Regulations applications.
- SAP calculations.
- 3D SketchUp models and walkthrough presentations
- Conveyancing Agents plans.
- Local Authority Licensing plans.
- Holiday home layout plans for brochures/occupants file.
- General arrangement / layout plans for Homeowner Information Packs, Fire Certification, Insurance and CDM ‘as-built’ documentation.
- Collaborative Services by Specialist Consultants
Tree evaluation, surveys and advice
- Computer Generated Images / Montages for presentation
- Site supervision.
- Contaminated Land assessments.
- Ecological Surveys.
- Landscape Impact assessments.
- Barn Owl & Bat Surveys/advice.
- Land Surveys.
- Valuations / Interim and Final Certification.
- Contract administration / management.
- Construction cost estimates or other Q.S. services.
- Planning supervision for projects falling within the CDM regulations.
- Party wall or fence notices.
- Specialist landscape design.
For detailed information sources and useful reading go direct to our website.