SLK - Sarah Kerswell Equine Sports Massage Therapist and Horse Transport. Fully insured and certified.
Having spent most of my life working with Racehorses, I put my HGV License to good use for many years travelling Racehorses all over the UK.
- My Horsebox can carry up to 2 horses comfortably, or a Mare and Foal.
- Horses travel rear facing which, from my experience, provides the least amount of stress.
- The horse area is spacious and padded with a full height partition and no breast bar, therefore reducing the risk of any problems which could occur with some horses or ponies.
- The short ramp is low and inviting. The partition can be moved to accommodate a Mare and Foal comfortably.
- Horses can be viewed while in transit and there is a Fan for temperature regulation.
- The Horsebox is disinfected after each Horse or Pony is transported providing a clean and healthy environment for which to travel in.
I hold a current WATO Welfare and Transport Certificate of competence in driving and attendance. My rates are very competitive.
Horse Massage Therapy
Have you ever wondered how your horse really feels? Have you ever considered treating your horse to an Equine Sports Massage?
- Equine Sports Massage Therapy (ESMT) can benefit horses in many ways, whether just for general wellbeing or for any underlying problems
- Massage is a Holistic treatment affecting not just the muscles, but the Lymph and Circulatory systems too. You need to do the whole sequence / body to maintain balance.
- In a healthy, sound horse ESMT enhances movement which would particularly benefit Dressage, and increases range of motion and stamina which would benefit Racing, Eventing and Endurance.
Prior to ESMT permission must be sought from your vet
Benefits of ESMT
- Increases Range of Movement - More flexibility around joints.
- Promotes Muscle Tone - Important for posture and also the need to move quickly without causing damage to muscles.
- Increases Blood Flow - Improves oxygen rich blood flow to extremities, also helps with stress.
- Aids the Lymphatic System - Removes toxins and damaged cells, fights infection.
- Releases Endorphins - Makes the horse relax and feel good.
- Muscle Balance - Imbalance can be a result of over exercising, under exercising, overload or injury.
Contact me for more information