The Climate and Nature Fair is being hosted by Sustainable Malborough and South Huish Climate Emergency and Biodiversity and will be opened by former BBC presenter Andrew Thompson.
School children from Malborough and South Huish Primary School will be carrying banners from school to the Malborough Village Hall to mark the start of the fair between 9.30-10am and the fair will be officially opened by former BBC presenter Andrew Thompson.
There will then be guest speakers throughout the day, Saturday, 2 April, starting with Huw Davies, Deputy Director and Negotiator of COP26.
Other speakers include:
- Louise Wainwright on Carbon Savvy and Bigbury Net Zero
- Cllr Judy Pearce - leader of SHDC on going green
- Emma Reece - National Trust
- Hettie Upton - Devon Wildlife Trust
- Eco Trades Paignton Solar PV and ASHP
- Cllr Julian Brazil
- Nigel Mortimer - How to Protect our AONB
- Nicky Bailey - Life on the Edge project
- Sustainable South Hams - How Local Eco Groups Can Make Big Changes
- Gary Joliffe - Till the Coast is Clear
- Bobby Hughes - Devon Waste Management
- Co Cars - electric cars and bikes
- SOCE Energy Advice
- Oliver Parsons - The Farmers Foundation
- Guy Eriacher - Totnes Transition Town
- Salcombe Meat Co
- Gerrie Messer - Kingsbridge Food Bank
There will then be a tree planting to celebrate the Platinum Jubilee at 3.45pm.
There will be more than 20 stalls selling environmentally friendly products in the hall and Janey from FEAST Kitchen is doing an eco pop-up cafe.