Malborough Village Hall is a community hall in the village of Malborough, South Devon. Our Hall is hired out for events, fundraising and all manner of different activities for the locality and beyond.
In the main building
The facilities include a main hall (240m²) with an extending stage with theatre type services. It is marked out with a badminton court and is used for indoor bowls. The hall is licensed for 480 people or 250 if all are seated as for theatre. Alcohol may be served and consumed in the hall and annexe. There is an associated kitchen and bar service area which has been completely refurbished including a new large range cooker, water heater and cupboard and drawer units. There is a smaller hall (52m²) or Annexe with its own small kitchen and toilet.
The hall is licensed for the performance of plays, the exhibition of films, for sport, live and recorded music and dance. The association has a licence for the sale by retail of alcohol. The hall facilities, large kitchen and licences make it an ideal venue for functions, parties, wedding receptions and a wide range of entertainment.
- Playing fields for football and cricket pitches
- Two Tennis courts. These cost £4 per hour to hire. Key can be obtained from Malborough Post Office (during opening hours) or by calling 07565 887767 or 07880 706521. Annual memberships are also available - call 07565 887767
- Children’s play area -rejuvenated in 2012/3
- Parking for 38 cars with 2 disabled spaces directly adjoining the Hall
- Overflow Parking available for large events
The facilities may be hired at the charge rates shown on our website. These rates are needed to cover the running costs of the Hall.
The Booking Officer is Mrs Val Jevans