not a member? Join
Two women were taken to hospital as a precaution after a leak from a fridge in a high street salon in Totnes.
Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service were called at about 8.40am on Friday, 16 July, to reports of a smell of gas coming from a property on Fore Street, Totnes.
Two women entered the salon in the morning and were alerted to a problem when their eyes began to get sore and itchy.
The fire crews used two breathing apparatus and a gas detector to locate the source, which was determined to be caused by a faulty fridge in the Stylistics Unisex Hairdressing and Beauty Salon.
The fridge was removed from the property and positive pressure ventilation fans used to ventilate the property.
Incident Commander Darren Hodge was quoted as saying that the fridge leak "most likely happened overnight and that two women have been taken to hospital as a precaution".
Image Dick Evans
Would you like to feature your business in this section?
* The information contained on this page is correct to the best of our knowledge, if you notice anything that you know to be incorrect or misleading, please contact us.