Sustainable and environmentally conscious landscaping and gardening, working with the natural environment. Using organic principles and natural materials to create beautiful garden, landscapes and outdoor spaces.
We provide a friendly service that meets your needs as well as the environment. We work with historic and ancient landscapes, whilst bringing in new techniques of landscaping and maintenance that are aspirational towards a truly sustainable and efficient service.
We specialise in developing gardens through our maintenance programmes. Supporting the natural habitat networks that work on micro and macro scales. These networks in turn support healthy perennial flower and shrub borders. Creating native woodlands and wild flower banks and lawns are part of the backdrop to this ethos.
Respect for our surrounding environment is also important within built structures, from working with local stone for walls and terraces, to creating beautiful wooden features with local untreated, but resilient timber.
We understand the need for an efficient and cost effective service whether that be the garden maintenance of a small cottage garden or the landscaping of a country estate.
We haven’t met anyone who doesn’t have a budget to work to and we know the importance of working to a tight budget, particularly on year round maintenance. We create plans for all garden types, that include ways of management that are cost effective, cohesive and good for the environment.
We offer a full garden design process, from ideas on management & control, to developing beautiful collections of plants in formal or naturalised settings with those added magical finishing touches. We work with your long-term goals and dreams for your perfect place, to create your garden haven.
It is often a privilege to enhance and restore historic features established by previous green fingered folk with the opportunity to develop the functionality of the garden within the context of the dynamic of the wider environment.
We love working with natural materials to create beautiful buildings, pergolas, seating, steps and walls. In Devon we have a wonderful variety of stone to work with, dry or wet stone walls and paving or as part of creating natural features in wild swimming pools with. We use locally grown and harvested larch, sweet chestnut and produce our own compost and woodchip mulch.
As well as maintaining lawns, borders and hedges. We are often reclaiming gardens from bramble and jungle-like invasive plants! We try to develop gardens through ongoing maintenance, through bringing a long term perspective of what the garden could become and an attention to detail to bring all parts of the garden together. We sometimes rescue and divide plants and as a result we hold a reasonable stock of native shrubs and trees as well as exotic garden shrubs and herbaceous plants.
Environmental principles and standards
- Organic garden principles – only approved organic pest and weed treatments.
- No burn policy – all garden waste is composted, chipped or re-used.
- Minimising machinery pollution using biodegradable oils, eco-friendlier fuels and electric machines where possible.
- Encouraging and supporting natural habitat within your garden landscape, where it is non-invasive and works with the aesthetic of the garden.
- Low impact lawn, wildflower, grassland and woodland management that meets the practical & aesthetic needs of our clients.
- Providing long-term solutions for reclaiming overgrown and ‘tired’ gardens.
- Using techniques and materials to minimise weed and watering.
- Controlling, reducing and ultimately removing invasive garden species, where appropriate.
- Recycling and reusing waste materials and unwanted plants.
- Managing our gardening miles and our business carbon footprint is important to us. By supporting local charity Moor Trees in their objectives to improve and create new native woodlands, we are helping to improve resilience in the wider environment.
- Permaculture, Forest Gardening and Hoogleculture are often guiding principles and systems we use.