Skip to main content Logo search icon

Motorhome gutted by fire

SA Updated
Motorhome gutted by fire

Blog Tags

Totnes Fire Crew attended the scene last night but nothing could be done to save the vehicle. 

Totnes Fire Crew were called to Harberton at around 8.30pm yesterday, 2 January, to a blaze involving a wood burning chimney stove in a motorhome. 

Members of Totnes Fire Crew check the vehicle for hot spots - credit Totnes Fire Station

The crew extinguished the fire but the motorhome was 90 per cent damaged by heat and smoke. There were no injuries and the cause is thought to be accidental. 

All photos credit Totnes Fire Station



User comments

There are no user comments for this listing.

You might also be interested in

Jailed former police constable found culpable of gross misconduct following fraud conviction
Category: General News
Former Police Constable Sam Smith was living in Kingsbridge when he first met the frail 81-year-old woman while on-duty, when he was called to...
Coastguard rescue teams take part in exercise overlooking Hope Cove
Category: General News
Members of Kingsbridge and Bigbury Coastguard Rescue teams took part in a search exercise around Hope Cove and Bolt Tail. 
Police exercise on Dartmoor trains officers for missing people searches
Category: General News
Seventeen police officers underwent a large-scale search and rescue exercise on Dartmoor to successfully become ‘lost person’ search managers (LPSM).
Not one, but two, Mayors headed to Devon County Show 2024
Category: Events News
Deborah Custance Baker, Chair of Crafts and Horticulture is delighted to welcome The Mayor of Exeter back to Devon County Show 2024. ...
Council says it is "concerned about Government’s approach to energy efficiency"
Category: General News
With tackling climate change a top priority for South Hams District Council, it has voiced its concerns on the Government’s efforts and speed to...
No Rotary Swimarathon for 2024
Category: General News
Kingsbridge Estuary Rotary Club Swimarathon is not taking place this year "due to factors outside the Rotary Club’s control".