Nigel Dalton Architectural Design Services in the South West, Extensions, New Build, Commercial and Residential Property.
We are a young, fresh Architectural Design Team based in the South Hams. We are focused on delivering classic and contemporary design solutions for any Renovation, Extension, New Build, Residential and Commercial building projects throughout the South West. Our main areas include, Kingsbridge, Salcombe, Dartmouth, Totnes, Ivybridge and surrounding villages within the South Hams.
Our team are adept in surveying, design, draughting and site management and have a great working relationship with consultants in specialist areas such as Structural Engineering, Quantity Surveying, Topographical Surveys, Land Contamination Surveys, Bat Surveys, etc
If you want to find out if we can help your project, contact us.
We have also established an excellent independent Contractor base, reputable building contractors who understand modern building techniques, we work together as a team.
Our Services Include:-
Town and Country Planning
We are well placed to offer professional planning advice to a wide range of clients. In particular, the design team is able to offer informed guidance on the following:-
- The preparation of feasibility appraisals on residential, commercial development and rural diversification proposals, including the prospects of obtaining planning and other types of development permission
- The submission of documentation necessary to support planning and other applications, including Site Appraisals, Environmental Audits, Planning Statements, Listed Building / Conservation Area Statements, Business Plans and Design and Access Statements
- The submission of representations on planning and other applications
- The application and interpretation of planning legislation and planning policy
- The submission of formal representations on Development Plan Documents and Supplementary Planning Documents in response to the preparation by local planning authorities of Local Development Frameworks
- Project management including risk assessment and mitigation
Nigel Dalton Architectural Design also has a successful track record in securing planning permission on appeal to the Planning Inspectorate.
This part of the design process is often overlooked by clients and self builders, but is an integral part of the project. Without Building Regulation Approval being granted where necessary, a house or structure will become difficult, if not impossible to sell. Nigel Dalton Architectural Design is able to offer:-
- Production of detailed design drawings showing construction methods and proof of compliance with current building regulations
- Preparation of all documentation required for submission of building regulation application to the relevant Local Authority
- Liaison and discussion with the Local Authority, advisory bodies, consultants etc. As may be required
Obtaining Tenders from Building Contractors
You may already have a contractor lined up to carry out your works, but it is always best to obtain competitive tenders. Nigel Dalton Architectural Design can assist in:-
- Obtaining quotations and other information from nominated and recommended sub contractors and suppliers
- If required; supplying information and suggest professionals for the preparation of bills of quantities
- Advising on tenders and preparation and advising on appropriate contracts and the appointment of the contractor
Many companies/authorities require accurate to scale plans of your house, garden, land, etc. in order to for you to meet their requirements. Nigel Dalton Architectural Design draw measured surveys for:-
- Fire Certification
- Licensing Agreements
- Insurance Assessments
Nigel Dalton Architectural Design can provide excellent 3 dimensional visualisations as both planning and marketing tools.
Whether your project is a small extension, loft conversion or a new build, domestic or commercial contract, we carry out all works to the same high standard and with the same commitment to our clients. If you would like any further in formation or to arrange a no obligation site visit throughout the South Hams, call us on 01548 853458.