not a member? Join
Crews from Modbury and Kingsbridge attended a chimney fire in Woodleigh on Tuesday.
Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service received a call from a member of the public just after 8pm on Tuesday, 9 March, to report a fire in the chimney of a house in Woodleigh near Loddiswell.
One fire crew from Modbury was immediately mobilised. When they arrived they confirmed that there was a fire in the flue of the chimney and requested the assistance of a second crew from Kingsbridge.
Crews got to work to extinguish the fire using chimney gear and a thermal imaging camera. Once extinguished and advice given, the incident was handed back to the occupier.
Main image credit Graham Richardson @ Flickr
Would you like to feature your business in this section?
* The information contained on this page is correct to the best of our knowledge, if you notice anything that you know to be incorrect or misleading, please contact us.