- Directory Categories
- Weddings & Special Occasions
- Churches & Places of Worship
- East Allington St Andrew's Church
East Allington St Andrew's Church
Location
We welcome you to come and enjoy our beautiful and historic 13th Century church and grounds, in which dogs on leads are welcome.
The first rector here at St Andrew's was presented in 1268, and Bishop Grandisson dedicated the altar in 1333.
Originally, the church was at Fallapit and the hub of the village was nearby at Tolditch. However, the village gravitated to it's present location, with the church now on Church Hill overlooking most of the village and countryside beyond.
St Andrew's was rebuilt in the 15th and 16th centuries, and major renovations and rebuilding were possible in the 19th century generously sponsored by William Cubitt of Fallapit House.
The church has reopened daily for private prayer and meditation every Sunday from 9.00 a.m. to 4.00 p.m.
Map
User reviews
Churches & Places of Worship and related businesses in Totnes and throughout the South Hams, South Devon
Local accommodation and places to stay in Totnes and throughout the South Hams, South Devon
-
{{#owner}}
-
{{#url}}
{{#avatarSrc}}
{{/avatarSrc}} {{^avatarSrc}} {{& avatar}} {{/avatarSrc}}{{name}} {{/url}} {{^url}} {{#avatar}} {{& avatar}} {{/avatar}} {{name}} {{/url}} - {{/owner}} {{#created}}
- {{created}} {{/created}}


