Quaint village near Totnes, home of the popular Sea Trout Inn and a stopping-off point and focus for events connected to the vintage steam railway between Totnes and Buckfastleigh.
- Sat Nav - TQ9 6PD
- Nearest Town - Totnes (3.5 miles/ 10 minutes via A385)
- Chocolate Box Rating - 8/10
- Nearest Beach - Slapton Sands Beach and Torcross Sands Beach
- Community Website - www.staverton.org
Village hall, church, tennis court, playing field and pavilion, nature reserve, and vintage steam railway station linking Buckfastleigh to Totnes - www.southdevonsteamrailway.co.uk.
Food, Drink & Eating Out
- The Sea Trout Inn - www.theseatroutinn.co.uk
- Riverford Field Kitchen - www.riverford.co.uk
- Staverton Bridge Nursery café (Thurs-Suns inc.) - www.stavertonbridgenursery.co.uk
Well known for
Its mediaeval bridge, thought to have been built around 1413 and considered to be one of the best surviving examples in Devon. South Devon Steam Railway.