Popular village sandwiched between the scenic Kingsbridge to Dartmouth coastal road, Slapton Ley National Nature Reserve, and Slapton Sands.
- Sat Nav - TQ7 2TG
- Nearest Town - Kingsbridge (7 miles/20 minutes via A379)
- Chocolate Box Rating - 6/10
- Nearest Beach - Torcross Sands Beach and Slapton Sands Beach
- Community Website - None
Post office stores and gift shop.
Food, Drink & Eating Out
- The Start Bay Inn - www.startbayinn.co.uk
- The Boathouse restaurant and takeaway - www.torcrossboathouse.com
Well known for
The location for 15,000 allied troops who, in Exercise Tiger, prepared for the D-Day landings. Over 1000 troops lost their lives here when German torpedo boats picked up the excess radio traffic and shelled two tank landing ships and the beach. A rescued Sherman amphibious tank now stands memorial to this World War II tragedy.
Exercise Tiger held every April. See www.exercisetigermemorial.co.uk.