Just over seven miles and 20 minutes from the city of Plymouth, the village and parish of Yealmpton is named after the River Yealm which runs through the village. The parish is home to several historic estates including Lyneham, Kitley and Bowden.
- Sat Nav - PL8 2EA
- Nearest Town - Modbury (5 miles/10 minutes via A379)
- Chocolate Box Rating - 7/10
- Nearest Beach - Mothecombe Beach and Coastguards Beach
- Community Website - www.yealmpton.org
Post Office stores, hairdressers, petrol station/shop, health centre, estate agents, primary school, community centre.
Food, Drink & Eating Out
- The Rose & Crown hotel and pub - www.theroseandcrown.co.uk
- The Volunteer Inn - 01752 880463
- Ming Chinese restaurant - 01752 880085
- Market Street Café - 01752 880550
- Kitley House hotel & restaurant - www.kitleyhousehotel.com
- Riverford Farm Shop & Café - www.riverfordfarmshop.co.uk
Well known for
A 400-year-old stone cottage (now a restaurant) where it is said a version of the rhyme ‘Old Mother Hubbard’ was written.
Kitley Caves from which green marble was quarried.
Annual one day agricultural show - www.yealmptonshow.co.uk