A small rural village lying at the head of the estuary of the River Avon or Aune. A well travelled tidal road / walk runs from the Fisherman’s Rest pub.
- Sat Nav - TQ7 4LL
- Nearest Town - Modbury (3.9 miles/10 minutes via A379)
- Chocolate Box Rating - 7/10
- Nearest Beach - Bantham Beach or Bigbury Beach
- Community Website - www.aveton-gifford.co.uk
Post office and general stores, church, village hall, pre-school @ The Hive, primary school, swimming pool, park and childrens play area.
Food, Drink & Eating Out
- The Fisherman’s Rest pub - 01548 550284
Well known for
Aveton Gifford Tidal Road, River Avon and the South Efford Marsh Nature Reserve.